– The Boston Red Sox have signed Jesse Carlson to a split contract. (Robert Mayer, Berlin Patch)
– The Colorado Rockies are willing to offer Michael Cuddyer a three-year deal, making them strong suitors to land the free agent reports Troy Renck of the Denver Post..
– Andrew Bailey appears to be on his way out of Oakland. According to Jon Heyman of CBSSprots, he’s hearing that Bailey will probably be dealt at the trade deadline compared to now.
– According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle the Minnesota Twins, Cleveland Indians and Colorado Rockies are the most likely teams to land Josh Willingham.
– The Washington Nationals are interested in bringing outfielder Rick Ankiel Back according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.
– The New York Yankees could trade Hiroyuki Nakajima since they don’t have a role for him. (Buster Olney, ESPN)
– The New York Mets were debating on Wednesday as to whether they would trade relief pitcher Bobby Parnell. (Source of Adam Rubin, ESPNNewYork.com)
Image by Keith Allison under the Creative Commons License.